How is AI changing the fashion industry?
The difference between before AI and after
These are various ways on how AI plays a role in the fashion industry:
- AI saves a lot of time; Artificial intelligence can automate many processes in the fashion industry.
- AI makes the shopping process better and faster, most of the manual activities can now be automated.
- AI helps customers make the right choice; with AI you no longer need a salesperson.
- Artificial intelligence drives innovation in various ways from design, development, marketing and sales.
The fashion industry is constantly under the pressure to be the most creative and innovative, for customers to be satisfied. AI can help with what clothes to stock, where to place ads or how to market your product. Models, human consultants, or others can be assisted by AI.
This can help companies improve industry performance, easily reach their target audience with their unique algorithms based on people’s characteristics.
We are in the middle of an AI-driven revolution in fashion. Artificial Intelligence has become the key to finding and designing products with unique patterns and fashion trends.
There is currently three key AI-based technology in the industry that we should highlight:
- AI brings new products to market faster and more efficiently.
- AI can process more data than humans may be able to, allowing it to generate more and more design updates in a short amount of time. AI can detect new trends with demand by projecting that new trend and reducing errors. It helps designers that need to keep up with new styles.
- AI machines in retail provide an automated solution to monitor customer activity while shopping and visualize their activity to know which products they prefer and what they ignore. In addition, AI helps to find the perfect clothes that will suit a customer depending on the body features and fashion preferences.
AI enables apps and systems to improve customer experience beyond personalized ads, notifications and chatbots.
The brand Van Heusen created a retail concept with a virtual trial mirror that allows clients to see what the products will look like on them. This system works by scanning the barcode and the virtual clothes are mirrored in a mirror image. This shop allows you to find your style, test clothes, get accurate measurements, adjust the environment such as light and music, a style simulator, photo comparison and personal style advice.
The result of this combination
Artificial intelligence applications that use deep learning to analyze style data can now identify a consumer’s fashion preferences. They then offer tailored recommendations. Apps like ‘Acloset’ and ‘Fashion AI’ use deep learning to help customers find new brands and products that match their tastes.
AI technologies can be used in the design, testing and validation of products; as well as helping to optimize production and complete the fashion retail operations process. So artificial intelligence has a huge impact on the fashion industry. You can now watch the digital models circulate in the store or even order your clothes. You can know how many people were in the store, what they are buying, what they are looking at or trying on. Finally, AI also helps with online shopping, particularly with chatbots.
Some of the biggest names in the fashion industry – from H&M to Tommy Hilfiger – are now investing in algorithms that help suggest styles to their customers. AI helps provide customization, improved customer service & communication, better buying and planning, automating operations, managing, reduced returns and improved product discovery. For example, the brand Alibaba in China did a new retail concept. They opened a “Fashion AI” store, to simplify shopping for customers. The store has intelligent tags, omnichannel integration and smart mirrors. They also have radio frequency identification tags and Bluetooth chips that help give information to the client and determine how many items are being touched through the gyro-sensors.
Many are still skeptical about the impact of AI on the fashion industry, especially about the possible decrease in employment replaced by AI. Companies with artificial intelligence can create clothes that fit different body shapes and sizes, have futuristic designs, and are made from sustainable materials. It is interesting to see how advances in technology impact the fashion industry, especially when it has a positive effect on people’s lifestyles. The AI Fashion trend is a win-win situation for both the fashion industry and customers.
Talented International – John.firstname.lastname@example.org
Need advice in HR and recruitment? Contact me !